What is a Canada Permanent Residency Visa?
It is the type of Permanent Resident visa status or Canada Permanent Residency, that permits to work, live, or study anywhere in the country for 5 years. It was first proposed in the year 2001 but came effective in the year 2002 for the first time.
A Canada PR holder enjoys all benefits and rights of a regular citizen except for some restrictions. Under the PR visa, you are treated as a Canadian citizen and enjoys the same rights as Canadians, except two-
- Right to vote
- Apply for jobs that require high-security clearance
Why Immigrate to Canada 2020?
If you are planning to travel to a country seeking a better future, vast employment opportunities or to pursue further studies, Canada Immigration seems to be the right choice. It is considered to be one of the safest countries to live in and witnesses the highest rate of immigrants due to its free and quality health care system, public schools, and other facilities.
Canada offers all possible life opportunities to fulfil your needs, providing a sense of security and different places to travel. So, pack your bags and move to Canada from India with ease possibility.
Also, one of the biggest reasons why people prefer to move to Canada is that it provides citizenship to those who live for 3 years out of 5, and credibly fills taxes, and dutifully follows the country rules.
- Migrating to Canada can boost you professionally and provide ample opportunities for yourself. Click here to know more about Canada Immigration.
What are the benefits of having a PR card?
The best way to apply for a PR status is as a skilled worker under the Express Entry system for Canada Immigration. Some of the benefits of the PR status are-
- Medical assistance and health insurance
- Right to study, live, and work in Canada
- Right to apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years
- Travel anywhere within the country
- Protection against crime by the law
Who is eligible for the Canada Permanent Residency visa?
- Should be a graduate
- Must be aged below 45
- Must have 3+ years of work experience
- Fluent in English
Having a PR visa card provides various benefits to its holder and enjoy maximum satisfaction living in the country. To check whether you are qualified for Canada PR visa status via Express Entry Program, confirm your CRS score with our CRS calculator.
What is the Eligibility criteria required to apply for a Canada PR visa?
Anyone interested must be eligible and follow the steps to fulfil the requirements through the Express Entry system. They are as follow-
- The candidate must have enough monetary budget to fulfil the needs of self and family members.
- Educational qualifications and credentials that authenticate the identity of the bearer.
- Proof of complete one-year work experience from a high-status organization.
- Must have cleared the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) in- reading, speaking, writing & listening and secured a score of 67 points in the Canada PR score calculator.
What is the Canada PR point score system?
The immigration viability is considered upon many factors such as age, work experience, educational qualifications, adaptability, etc. The PR system has been designed to select the best applicants and allow them to work and live in Canada.
To qualify for the process, applicants can get a maximum score of 100 points and a minimum score of 67 on average. The following list will show how many points you need to score for each segment-
- Language skills- 28 points maximum
- Education qualification- 25 points maximum
- Work experience- 15 points maximum
- Employment- 10 points maximum
- Adaptability- 10 points maximum
The PR point system is the first step in determining your chances for Canada Immigration.
To know more precisely about the Canada PR calculator point, click below for full details.
Canada PR new rules for Immigration 2020-
The rules of Canada PR are different from the Express Entry system and Provincial Nominee Program and provincial nomination too. The guidelines and rules have to be strictly abided by the applicant for a valid entry in Canada.
There are 60 programs issued under IRCC and each one of them is systematic and reliable to ensure a soothing procedure. Some of the rules are as follows-
- Language proficiency- English and French are the two main languages spoken in Canada. Thus, clearing the IELTS language proficiency test is important to qualify as a valid candidate.
- Educational credentials- The educational qualification/degrees are tested by a legitimate body to ensure the authentication of the documents.
- Health and police test- In every program for Canada Immigration, the verification test of both medical and police is important.
- Proof of funds- The settlement of proof of funds is important as it justifies that you are capable of fulfilling the needs of yourself and closed ones.
How to apply for a Canada PR visa?
- Express Entry Program
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) – You can click the link to know more about QSWP and provincial nomination.
- Family Sponsorship Program
- Alberta Provincial Nominee Program (APNP) – You can click the link to know more about APNP and provincial nomination.
- British Columbia PNP requirements
- Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OPNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Program
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
Note- You can click on the link to apply under the Express Entry of the Provincial nomination.
What is the Canada Permanent Residency Visa step by step process 2020-
It is important to follow the steps to get the Canada PR visa card. They are as follows-
- The first step is to get your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). It is to show that the applicant has the right kind of education qualification to live and work in Canada.
- The test IELTS- International English language testing system is important; it is another step in the immigration process, which is conducted by the Federal government of Canada.
- Get registered for an Express Entry profile and submit via the express pool for the regular draw for a Canada PR visa.
- It is an option to apply for a Canadian bank j and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
- If you receive your ITA – Invitation to Apply then, you submit the medical certificates from a legitimate physician and police verifiable clearance to the authorized body.
- Once you receive the ITA, submit the Canada PR application along with the required documents within 60 days of the invite.
- Your application and documents will be verified and if found clear, you will be approved for the Canada PR visa.
What is the Canada PR visa processing time?
It is a simple and secure process if followed in the right manner. The average time by an applicant for Canada PR visa processing takes between 6-12 months. Many factors may affect the PR visa processing time such as the simplicity of your verification process; time is taken for a medical certificate, and police verification test. Also, different programs under the PR Visa may vary in the processing time. Some of the famous immigration programs with Canada PR visa application are as follows-
Express Entry Program is for the skilled immigrants who have applied for the Canada PR Visa. All the profiles of the immigrant's candidates are submitted through the Express pool via the CRS system.
Family sponsorship allows the citizens who hold Canada PR to sponsor their family members and loved ones to migrate to Canada. While the other immigration program- Provincial Nominee allows the nomination of residents from provincial status.
To those who are not able to meet the requirements of the Express Entry program, PNP is a getaway immigration path for one who wants to acquire a Canada PR Visa with a CRS score of fewer than 4oo points.
To know about the process of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), click here.
What is the cost to apply for a Canada PR visa?
Cost accessibility and budget may vary considering different factors. But in general, the cost of PR Visa applicants per adult cost around $500, and for children, it is less.
What are the documents required for a Canada PR visa?
The stage of document submission is important as all the required credentials and documents have to be precise, original, and in the right set of manner for a Canada PR visa. As a skilled worker or trainee, you need to have all the documents prepared. The documents ensure the eligibility of getting the Canada PR visa. The documents checklists for Canada Permanent Residence 2020 are as follows-
- ECA- Educational Credential Assessment certificate that authenticates the education of the bearer from an authorized body.
- Certificate of IELTS– the language test score.
- Document showing applicants have undergone Medical exams and registered under designated physicians.
- Documents showing police clearness certificates by the applicants.
- Marriage certificates and job offer letters from a registered organization.
- Travel documents such as an authenticated passport.
Choose the best Canada Immigration, Consultant In India | CN Immigration Services
CN Immigration is a trusted, reputed service-provider in Immigration for the past 6 years. We turn our client's dreams into reality.
Canada PR is a dream come true who wishes for a better future and looking for opportunities that could benefit them in the long-run. With easy consultation and quality-service, CN immigration provides top-notch visa service and assistance you want and increases the chance of selection for immigration as a Permanent Resident of Canada.