If you wish to work in Hong Kong one of the most successful economies in Asia, it may be worth considering a Hong Kong skilled immigration programme. There are a number of options available if you have the right skills and experience and wish to live and work in Hong Kong: the General Employment Policy (GEP) program for skilled workers with a job offer, the Immigration arrangement for non-local graduates-IANG and, the General Points Test (GPT).
GEP: This scheme has been incorporated to address labour shortage issued in the local labour pool. Aspirants filing under GEP must have
1. Appropriate academic credentials with technical proficiency in requisite trade if desired in the certain occupational premise
2. An authentic employment offer
3. Wages offered should be in confirmation of prevalent levels for the corresponding profession in the local labour pool
4. GEP and IANG programs do not have annual sealing and have been planned to boost the image of Hong Kong as a globally competitive city. Schemes are available for people in
9. Culinary skills etc.
IANG: This program aims to encourage overseas students
1. Accomplished a full-time and regular graduation or higher course from a recognized academic establishment of HK.
2. Non-resident students – NRGs filing requests
3. Within 6 months of accomplishment are fresh NRGs
4. After 6 months of accomplishment are called returning NRGs
Fresh graduates do not need an on-hand job offer while returning graduates need an on-hand job offer. Both classes of non-resident graduates are granted 1-year residence in cases where all other parameters concerned with immigration have been fulfilled within 8 hrs.